Wyoming Lost Title Bond

Wyoming Lost Title Bond

Apply »

What is an Wyoming Lost Title Bond? 

Wyoming Lost Title Bonds are required by the state of Wyoming's DMV to obtain your title and register your vehicle, boat, RV, mobile home or trailer.  The bond ensures that you are the rightful owner of the vehicle, Mobile home, trailer etc. The Wyoming Lost Title Bond guarantees damages up to the bond limit for a legitimate title holder that may surface in the future with a valid claim to the vehicle, Mobile home, boat or trailer.

Different parts of a bond:

 The bond is required when The Obligee (obligator) is the entity requiring you to get the bond.  There are 3 parts to a surety bond. The Principal, The Surety Company, and the Obligee. The Principal is the business or individual applying for the Surety Bond. The Obligee is the individual or entity requiring the Surety Bond and the Surety Company is the company who provides the Surety Bond coverage.


Try our 100% Secure Lost Title Bond Online Application to get the Lowest Lost title bond rates in all 50 States.


You can buy your Wyoming Lost Title Bonds (Apply) online immediately, with no credit check for most Lost Title Bonds.

How much does a Wyoming Lost Title Bond cost?

For Wyoming Lost Title Bonds under $5,000 the cost of the bond is $100. For bonds over $5,000 the rate is 1.5%

Wyoming Lost Title Bond Information and Requirements

An applicant who is unable to provide the county clerk with a certificate of title that assigns the prior owner's interest, a notarized bill of sale or other evidence of ownership that satisfies the county clerk that the applicant owns the vehicle, a certificate of title may be issued only if:

An affidavit of ownership form (found below) is filled out in its entirety.

A vehicle identification number inspection is completed by law enforcement.

A title search from the Wyoming Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Services is completed.

If applicable, contact any lien holders identified via certified letter to request liens be released.

If applicable, contact the previous owner via certified letter to request that a title be established and properly executed, transferring ownership to you.

Establish the retail value of the vehicle by one of the following methods: current national appraisal guide (for example, Kelley Blue Book or NADA), from a current or past registration, or a licensed Wyoming vehicle dealer.

A surety bond for twice the retail value shall be issued by an insurance provider-a surety bond is not required for vehicles or watercraft valued at less than $2,500.00.

Contact your local county clerk's office to see if you meet the requirements for a bonded title.


WYDOT-Motor Vehicle Services

5300 Bishop Boulevard

Cheyenne WY  82009

(307)777-4883 or (307)777-4710 or (307)777-4709

Apply »