Michigan Lost Title Bond

Michigan Lost Title Bond

Apply »

What is an Michigan Lost Title Bond? 

Michigan Lost Title Bonds are required by the state of Michigan's DMV to obtain your title and register your vehicle, boat, RV, mobile home or trailer.  The bond ensures that you are the rightful owner of the vehicle, Mobile home, trailer etc. The Michigan Lost Title Bond guarantees damages up to the bond limit for a legitimate title holder that may surface in the future with a valid claim to the vehicle, Mobile home, boat or trailer.

Different parts of a bond:

 The bond is required when The Obligee (obligator) is the entity requiring you to get the bond.  There are 3 parts to a surety bond. The Principal, The Surety Company, and the Obligee. The Principal is the business or individual applying for the Surety Bond. The Obligee is the individual or entity requiring the Surety Bond and the Surety Company is the company who provides the Surety Bond coverage.


Try our 100%  Secure Lost Title Bond Online Application to get the Lowest Lost title bond rates in all 50 States.


You can buy your Michigan Lost Title Bonds (Apply) online immediately, with no credit check for most Lost Title Bonds.

How much does a Michigan Lost Title Bond cost?

For Michigan Lost Title Bonds under $5,000 the cost of the bond is $100. For bonds over $5,000 the rate is 1.5%

Michigan Lost Title Bond Information and Requirements

1. Before you can title or register a motor vehicle, trailer, trailer coach, watercraft or snowmobile that has no clearly established record of ownership, you must file a Vehicle Uniform Surety Bond (TR-121) with the Michigan Department of State along with your title or registration application.

2. The bond’s amount must equal twice the value of the vehicle, watercraft or snowmobile. A bond may not be needed for Michigan-titled vehicles 10 or more years old valued at $2,500 or less, or for watercraft or snowmobiles not titled or registered in another state and worth $2,500 or less.

3. The person applying for the title or registration, whether an individual, partnership, firm or corporation, and a representative of the insurance company or bonding agency must sign the surety bond. Applicants are named as the “Principal” and must include their complete residence or business address.

4. The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs must license the surety company. A duly authorized agent of the surety company must issue the bond. If the agent is a licensed nonresident agent, a licensed resident agent must countersign the bond.

5. The effective date of the bond must be no later than the date of application for the title or registration.

6. A surety bond is issued for three years.

Apply »