Massachusetts Lost Title Bond

Massachusetts Lost Title Bond

Massachusetts Lost Title Bond

Apply »

What is an Massachusetts Lost Title Bond? 

Massachusetts Lost Title Bonds are required by the state of Massachusetts's RMV to obtain your title and register your vehicle, boat, RV, mobile home or trailer.  The bond ensures that you are the rightful owner of the vehicle, Mobile home, trailer etc. The Massachusetts Lost Title Bond guarantees damages up to the bond limit for a legitimate title holder that may surface in the future with a valid claim to the vehicle, Mobile home, boat or trailer.

Different parts of a bond:

 The bond is required when The Obligee (obligator) is the entity requiring you to get the bond.  There are 3 parts to a surety bond. The Principal, The Surety Company, and the Obligee. The Principal is the business or individual applying for the Surety Bond. The Obligee is the individual or entity requiring the Surety Bond and the Surety Company is the company who provides the Surety Bond coverage.


Try our 100%  Secure Lost Title Bond Online Application to get the Lowest Lost title bond rates in all 50 States.


You can buy your Massachusetts Lost Title Bonds (Apply) online immediately, with no credit check for most Lost Title Bonds.

How much does a Massachusetts Lost Title Bond cost?

For Massachusetts Lost Title Bonds under $5,000 the cost of the bond is $100. For bonds over $5,000 the rate is 1.5%

Massachusetts Lost Title Bond Information and Requirements:

A vehicle is considered undocumented when the purchaser does not have all the documents required to transfer ownership and apply for a certificate of title. The RMV can register and title an undocumented vehicle at its discretion. As a condition of issuing a certificate of title, the RMV may require the customer to file a bond in an amount equal to one and one half times the National Automobile Dealers Association clean trade-in value of the undocumented vehicle.

The customer may submit the following documents to the RMV to obtain approval for bonding:

• Notarized Affidavit attesting to the complete history of the vehicle as known. Affidavit must include vehicle's model year, make, and Vehicle Identification Number

• Completed Visual Inspection of VIN

• Any other documentation pertaining to the transfer of ownership of the vehicle, including bills of sales or cancelled checks

To request a replacement or duplicate of your Massachusetts certificate of title, you will need your:

  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), or
  • Certificate of title number

This information can be found on your registration.

You will also need your:

  • Massachusetts driver's license number (for individuals), or
  • Federal Identification (FID) number if the vehicle owner is a business

Apply »