Maine Lost Title Bond

Maine Lost Title Bond

Apply »

What is an Maine Lost Title Bond? 

Maine Lost Title Bonds are required by the state of Maine's DMV to obtain your title and register your vehicle, boat, RV, mobile home or trailer.  The bond ensures that you are the rightful owner of the vehicle, Mobile home, trailer etc. The Maine Lost Title Bond guarantees damages up to the bond limit for a legitimate title holder that may surface in the future with a valid claim to the vehicle, Mobile home, boat or trailer.

Different parts of a bond:

 The bond is required when The Obligee (obligator) is the entity requiring you to get the bond.  There are 3 parts to a surety bond. The Principal, The Surety Company, and the Obligee. The Principal is the business or individual applying for the Surety Bond. The Obligee is the individual or entity requiring the Surety Bond and the Surety Company is the company who provides the Surety Bond coverage.


Try our 100%  Secure Lost Title Bond Online Application to get the Lowest Lost title bond rates in all 50 States.


You can buy your Maine Lost Title Bonds (Apply) online immediately, with no credit check for most Lost Title Bonds.

How much does a Maine Lost Title Bond cost?

For Maine Lost Title Bonds under $5,000 the cost of the bond is $100. For bonds over $5,000 the rate is 1.5%

Maine Lost Title Bond Information and Requirements

This online service provides vehicle owners with the ability to purchase a duplicate Maine certificate of title for their vehicle when the original has been lost, misplaced, or damaged. If the certificate of title has a lien holder listed on it, the lien must first be released to use this service. The service is provided by a third party working in partnership with the State of Maine. The total amount of $46.00 that you pay includes funds to develop, maintain and enhance the State's official web portal, Maine.gov, and Maine.gov online services like this one.

Who can use this service?

  • Maine Residents with a valid driver's license number or State ID.
  • Vehicle owners with a certificate of title that does not have a lien holder listed.
You cannot use this service if:

  • A company is listed on the title.
  • The vehicle is 1994, or older.
What you will need

  • Your vehicle year, VIN and mileage
  • The name, date of birth and driver license number of all owners recorded on the title
  • A Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit/debit card             

Apply »