Idaho Lost Title Bond

Idaho Lost Title Bond

Apply »

What is an Idaho Lost Title Bond? 

Idaho Lost Title Bonds are required by the state of Idaho's DMV to obtain your title and register your vehicle, boat, RV, mobile home or trailer.  The bond ensures that you are the rightful owner of the vehicle, Mobile home, trailer etc. The Idaho Lost Title Bond guarantees damages up to the bond limit for a legitimate title holder that may surface in the future with a valid claim to the vehicle, Mobile home, boat or trailer.

Different parts of a bond:

 The bond is required when The Obligee (obligator) is the entity requiring you to get the bond.  There are 3 parts to a surety bond. The Principal, The Surety Company, and the Obligee. The Principal is the business or individual applying for the Surety Bond. The Obligee is the individual or entity requiring the Surety Bond and the Surety Company is the company who provides the Surety Bond coverage.


Try our 100%  Secure Lost Title Bond Online Application to get the Lowest Lost title bond rates in all 50 States.


You can buy your Idaho Lost Title Bonds (Apply) online immediately, with no credit check for most Lost Title Bonds.

How much does a Idaho Lost Title Bond cost?

For Idaho Lost Title Bonds under $5,000 the cost of the bond is $100. For bonds over $5,000 the rate is 1.5%

Idaho Lost Title Bonds Information and Requirements

Idaho's state DMV will provide you with the amount for the bond and this can be taken to us to provide you with the bond. 

DEFINITION Conditional title: A title issued for a vehicle ten or more years old when the applicant is unable to present ownership documentation sufficient to satisfy normal titling requirements. Conditional titles are issued with the following brand: “ISSUED ON STATEMENT OF APPLICANT, BRAND EXP: MM/DD/YY.” TITLING PROCEDURE

• Step One: Contact a county assessor’s motor vehicle office or the Idaho Transportation Department (ITD). If a county assessor or ITD motor vehicle employee determines that you do not have or are unable to obtain sufficient ownership documentation to apply for a regular title for a vehicle 10 years old or older, you may apply for a conditional title.

• Step Two: Obtain a VIN inspection. Have a county assessor’s motor vehicle deputy or a law enforcement officer inspect your vehicle to determine the true vehicle identification number (VIN). If the VIN can’t be found or shows signs it may have been altered, you will be instructed to contact a Motor Vehicle Investigator (MVI). If the MVI is dissatisfied with the VIN because it appears to have been tampered with, you may be required to bond the vehicle to obtain title.

• Step Three: Obtain Motor Vehicle Records (MVR). Check for any record of a title in Idaho and any other state you believe may have a record of the title. If the vehicle was titled and registered in Idaho, the county assessor’s motor vehicle office will be able to provide records for $7.00 per record. If the vehicle came from another state, obtain motor vehicle title and registration records from that state’s DMV. Present verification of this search to the county or ITD.

• Step Four: Attempt to contact owners of record. If you identify the prior titled owner, attempt to contact that person to get the title signed off by the owner or obtain a power of attorney or a release of interest by certified mail. The county may assist you in obtaining the most current address available. Prior Idaho owners who have never titled the vehicle may be required to do so first. If you can demonstrate that you are unable to get the required documents, and that all possible means have been employed to try to resolve the title problem, contact the county or ITD again.

• Step Five: Present documentation to the county. Present your VIN inspection, MVRs, proof of mailings to owners (certified mail receipts and returned certified mail letter, etc.) and any other proof of ownership you may have, such as old registrations, bills of sale, receipts, cancelled checks, etc. The county will evaluate all documents which may indicate you are the owner. If your documentation is sufficient for a conditional title, the county will give you a Conditional Title Statement of Facts (ITD-3405) to complete. By signing this form you agree to hold ITD (including any county deputy serving as its agent) harmless and defend them from all legal expenses in the event of legal action that may result from the issuance of the title. On this form, you also state how you obtained the vehicle, that it is free and clear of any liens and encumbrances, why you cannot comply with normal title requirements, and what attempts have been made to resolve the concerns.

• Step Six: Apply for title. The county assessor motor vehicle office will prepare a title application for you to sign. You may obtain a vehicle registration at that time. Standard registration fees will apply.

 FACT SHEET Conditional Titles 01-15TW REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR A CONDITIONAL TITLE 1. ITD Conditional Title Statement of Facts (ITD-3405) 2. Any other available documents verifying ownership such as bills of sale or old registrations. 3. Motor vehicle registration and title records from the state in which the vehicle was last registered and titled. 4. Proof of attempts to contact previous owner(s), such as a returned certified mail letter and/or certified mail receipts demonstrating the mailing was sent to the most recent address of record. 5. Application for Certificate of Title. If the vehicle is a mobile or manufactured home, you will also need to present documentation verifying current property tax on the home has been paid. FEES • VIN inspection ($ 5.00) • VIN decal, if VIN was assigned by an MVI ($18.00) • Title fee ($ 14.00) • Applicable sales tax on purchase price • Registration fees if applicable

Apply »