What is an Alabama Cosmetology School Bond?
Alabama Cosmetology School Bond's are required by Alabama's Board of Cosmetology to obtain your Alabama Cosmetology School Bond. The Alabama Cosmetology School Bond amount is set at $50,000.
The State requires a Cosmetology School bond for:
a $50,000 surety bond
Different parts of a bond:
There are 3 parts to a Cosmetology School surety bond. The Principal "YOU", The Surety Company, and the Obligee. The Principal is the business or individual applying for the Cosmetology School Surety Bond. The Obligee is the individual or entity requiring the Surety Bond and the Surety Company is the company who provides the Surety Bond coverage.
Try our 100% Secure Cosmetology School Bond Online Application to get the Lowest Cosmetology School bond rates in all 50 States.
You can buy your Alabama Cosmetology School Bond (Apply) online immediately
Alabama Cosmetology School Bond Information and Requirements:
Chapter 250-X-3-.01 Shop Requirements
(13) No licensee shall perform any service authorized by a license issued by this Board in a facility not licensed by this board, except
(a) when necessary due to the illness or other physical or mental incapacitation of the recipient of the service, and
(b) when performed by a licensee in the employment of a licensed shop, and
(c) when appointments are made through a licensed shop for the service.
Rule Changes Effective July 13, 2020
• To remove conflicting language referencing the vendor fee and total exam fee. Exam fee will remain a fixed fee (amount of fee will not change).
Chapter 250-X-2-.01 Fees
(3) Personal licenses may be issued to any appropriate category of licensure as determined by the Board, and an appropriate fee shall be established for each license. Fees shall be the following:
(a) Written Examination or Reexamination: $75
(b) Practical Examination or Reexamination: $130
• To add language specifying sink in the work area or within 5 feet of the work area
Chapter 250-X-3-.03 Shops
(4) Shops providing esthetics services must have at least the following equipment or services:
(a) One facial chair or all purpose chair.
(b) One magnifying glass
(c) One sink in the work area, or at least within 5 feet of the entrance/ exit of the work area
(d) One covered trash container